OK….be honest. Have you started? Ya know, with that whole “I’m getting organized this year” thing?
Don’t feel bad, everyone does it. It’s in the top 3 New Years Resolutions…getting organized. But what does that mean exactly? Are you going to spend a ton of money on bins to put things in, never to be seen or heard from again? Because if that’s the case, that’s not organizing. That’s indecisive with hoarding tendencies. Take off your emotional hat & put on your logical hat when you’re dealing with your things.
WHY are you holding on to So. Much. STUFF? Why is your solution to put it in a bin marked “Keepsake”? I just don’t get it.
I’m begging you. USE your things. Do not “save” them.
- Good China—Use it EVERY day
- Gramma’s Quilts—Use them EVERY day. Use, wash, dry & use again. Gramma didn’t spend 80 hours of her life making a quilt for you to put in a box in the basement/attic labeled “keepsake”.
- Fancy Towels—Anyone ever watch Everybody Loves Raymond? Then you know EXACTLY what I’m talking about here!
- Expensive clothes that you will NEVER fit in again—Sell or donate them. Clothes are not an investment. Get over it if you have buyers remorse. They’re just clothes for goodness sake.
- And don’t even get me STARTED on your kids “art”!!!!
So get to work on some decluttering projects! You won’t regret it. If you need a little help, call us! We’re more than happy to help. AND if you want to join our team or know someone who would be a perfect fit for us, let us know!