Tips, Tricks and Organization Ideas from the Pro!
People are always asking me for tips, shortcuts and ideas for organizing. Everything from what to do in the garage, to storage for the toy room, or organizing the kitchen and of course, CLOSET solutions.
I’m happy to share my experiences of what has worked for 2B Organized all these years. But, the reality is that homes (just like people) are all different. I’ve worked in places that range anywhere from 800 square feet to 8,000 square feet. This may come as a shock, but just because a home is bigger, doesn’t necessarily mean it’s better from an organizational perspective. Sometimes smaller is better…take it from this 5 foot tall Polly pocket.
There are other factors that play into a better organized space. Do you have a large or small family? Lots of hobbies? Entertain a lot? Because we all know that with families, hobbies and entertaining come… STUFF.
I really do try to customize each space to fit the client, the only solutions are ones that work for your specific needs.
Here are my top 5 favorite organizing products. Do you have a favorite trick or tip others should know about? Send me your favorite organizing hacks, I would love to hear from you!
Top 5 Favorite Organizing Products
1. Trash bag… come on, you knew I would say it didn’t you? The #1 way to get and stay organized is LESS stuff! You can use the trash bag to pitch stuff or to transport donations. Trash bags, yea, they’re my FAVE! They are inexpensive, you already have them in your home and you can start filling one up RIGHT NOW.
2. Clear containers. Everything from drawer dividers to bins for seasonal items, clear containers are the best. They fit every decor because they kind of fade into the space. And obviously, there is no secret to what’s inside. Unlike some storage rooms I’ve walked into! The Container Store is one of my favorite places to snag pretty and practical clear storage containers. Click here for one of my go-to’s, they are at a great price point too!
3. Hooks, hooks and more hooks. In general, most people overlook a gigantic opportunity for practical solutions with wasted wall space. Especially in garages and closets. All that wall space and then you have stuff all along the perimeter on the floor. Look up people! Welcome to my life…I’m constantly looking up!
4. Portable shelving. I LOVE these shelves. I have used them for years. In fact, I’m soooo mad at myself for not buying stock in this company years ago. What was I thinking? Or really, WHY wasn’t I thinking? These shelves also bring the storage up, giving you 6 layers of storage opportunities. They are durable and come on casters for easy moving to clean or to relocate. They happen to be included in a ONE DAY SALE this Saturday, May 12 ONLINE ONLY.
5. Baggies. Yep, you read that right. Plain ole baggies. They’re see through, can contain those little things in life that are necessary but sometimes hard to keep track of. For example, eye glass repair kit, dental floss, tweezers…the list is long. You can turn a junk drawer into a more organized space just by using baggies to house like items together. And baggies are great for your purse or bag.
So there you have them, my 5 favorite organizing products. Of course I love to use all kinds of things depending on the space. But I’d say, these are my Faves. Remember, ALWAYS purge before you organize… Less is More!